What are Panels?
Panels are defined as formalized discussions between fans (with a moderator), presentations by guests or fans to an audience, or workshops presented to an audience by fans or professional experts.
In plain English: You (and a few others) get to talk about or demonstrate something you’re really interested in to an audience (who can also participate if you let them).
How do I sign up?
Fill out one of the two forms below. One form is for English, the other is for French. Choose the form that corresponds to the language you will be presenting or holding a discussion in.
We will need your real, legal name, your email, and a bunch of other information from you. If you’re bringing a presentation such as a PowerPoint, you will need to submit it in advance. We are not responsible for creating any presentations for you. We’ll provide the technology (within reason) for you to present the material.
What do I get for doing panels?
Depending on how many panels you do, you will receive the following benefits :
- 1 panels : refund of 100 % on your badge
- 2 panels : G-Anime T-Shirts + refund of 100 % on your badge
Interested but hesitant?
If you’re interested in running a panel but want some suggestions to get you started, here are some panels we typically look for:
- “Insert Cosplay topic here” 101 – A “101” workshop covers some basics about a given cosplay topic, what to know about the community involved, and where to find certain resources such as materials, construction methods, and good local and online retailers.
- “Insert Fandom Here” Panel – Whether it’s Attack on Titan, Sakura Trick, Mobile Suit Gundam, or the Dirty Pair, this is a casual roundtable discussion about your favourite series with fellow fans.
- Ask a “Insert Fandom Here” – Cosplayers willing to play the role of various characters from a particular anime such as Hetalia, Homestuck, or Fullmetal Alchemist answer questions from the audience for comedic effect.
- “Insert Topic Here” After Dark – Late night panels which cover the more risqué side of a topic, whether it’s about shipping, fanfics, ecchi, or other 16+ or 18+ content.
These are just a few suggestions; feel free to come up with ideas on your own!
Keep in mind we do NOT allow the following:
- Screenings of materials without permission from the rights holder (i.e: You cannot show an extensive clip of Naruto without written permission from Viz Media)
- Showing or readings from of any illegal material
- Workshops which involve open flame, caustic or toxic materials, or electrical or chemical hazards