G-Anime is proud to announce its upcoming AMV contest (Anime Music Video). AMVs are videos created by amateur based on a chosen song and Japanimation scenes. It’s a way of redrawing anime and music as well as sharing this wonderful passion between otakus.
- The AMV contest is open to all except for judges and the con staff.
- Each participant can only send one AMV/GMV/M@D per category. A maximum of 2 AMVs can be sent per participant.
- MEPs (multi-editor projects)/Collabs are fine, but the team must select someone responsible for the AMV (other members of the team will still be able to send 2 AMVs).
- The AMV must be recent (2012). AMVs made exclusively for the G-AMV will get bonus point in the judgment.
- Plagiarism will be heavily sanctioned.
- Extreme violence (guts, decapitations, etc) and nudity (ecchi can be accepted) are forbidden. Please bear in mind that the content of the AMV should be suitable for an 13+ audience.
- There is no minimum or maximum length for the AMVs but please, avoid having Intro or Credits longer than 20 seconds since no one really reads them during the convention.
- Those who do not respect these rules might be disqualified.
- G-Anime reserves the right to disqualify any video for any other valid reason
- Deadline for sending a video is December 26th 2012.
- Every video must be sent via FTP, otherwise they WILL NOT be accepted.
- The FTP address on our server is:
- host: ftp.hyberia.net;
- port: 21;
- user: anonymous;
- pass: [aucun]
- The registration form can be found here: Formulaire-G-AMV-EN
- A pre-selection will be made according to the criteria presented below. Contestants will have a week to make adjustment, if necessary.
- Every qualified AMVs will be broadcasted during the festival.
- Special prizes will be given by the judges. There will be honorable mention for finalists.
- Because of time constraint, some AMVs will not be broadcasted.
Rules regarding AMVs
Every submitted AMVs should respect these criteria:
- Every video format are accepted excepted .mov et .wmv (if you have problem encoding, there is plentiful tutorial on Animemusicvideos.org or other AMV communities)
- Recommended containers : avi, mkv et mp4
- Recommended codecs videos and audios: h.264, Xvid, mp3, aac
- Video must be of NTSC format and of a minimal resolution of 640×480 or 640×360 (16:9 ratio recommended)
- Any form of animation is allowed (American cartoon, anime, fan made creation).
Every contestant can send 2 AMVs but only one per category:
- X Category (Any AMV that does not belong to these categories)
- Kawai DESU! (see below)
For each category, AMVs will be judged according to these criteria:
- Editing –Evaluation of the technic aspect of the AMV : use of special effects, adjustment of images to the music, transitions, etc. (30 %)
- Quality – Evaluation of cinematographic aspect of the AMV : choice of music with the video sequence , coherent video, etc (30 %)
- Creativity – Evaluation of the originality of the AMV : unique concept, particular use of some elements, etc. What makes the AMV unique (20 %)
- Global appreciation – How the public loved the AMV (15 %)
- Good start – Registration form complete (5 %)
- Exclusivity – A bonus is attributed if it’s exclusive to the contest (+5 %)
Each category will have its own ranking except the category Kawai Desu!
- Best Action/Upbeat AMV
- Best Drama/Romance AMV
- Best Comedy/Parody AMV
- Best Instrumental/Ambiant AMV
- Best X Category AMV
- Best Kawai Desu! AMV
- Public’s choice
Kawai Desu! Category
For 2013, our mascot, Gamine, wants to celebrate the 5th year of G-AMV. She would like you to use your editing skills in cuteness! Your AMV only needs to be cute! Who will be brave enough to take on the challenge?